1. The forecast is for 13 "Named" Tropical Storms, 5 Hurricanes (of which 2 are Cat 3+)
2. The peak of Hurricane season is August through October
3. Even a tropical storm (with max. sustained wind of 39-73 mph) can due much damage.
4. The eastern Pacific Ocean, Caribbean Sea, southern Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico are most prone to hurricanes.
5. Key supplies for a hurricane include non-perishable food, first aid kit, medicine, extra cash, and blankets.
6. Having a home inventory checklist will help you recover the full replacement value of lost valuables
7. There is a 30-day waiting period before flood insurance policies take effect
8. Make sure you have up to date contact information for your insurance agent
9. It is good to have a Handy Hurricane Check List (see next post for your free list)
10. Apron Agencies offers HOME, AUTO, FLOOD, COMMERCIAL, AND HEALTH INSURANCE. Call us and set up an appointment for your FREE HOUSEHOLD INSURANCE CHECKLIST.
For your comprehensive Hurricane Preparation Guide and Checklist visit www.apronagencies.com